What’s the deal with agriculture?
- It uses a LOT of resources! Including energy, water, and soil.
- Chemical pesticides and fertilizers can be dangerous for us and for the environment
- Growing crops outside of their natural growth zones requires especially large amounts of resources (i.e., energy to heat crops that are used to warmer climates.)
How can I GreenUp?
- Buy local to support local economies and reduce food transport.
- Buy organic products free of dangerous chemicals – your health with thank you.
- Eat in season! In-season produce tastes extra fresh, usually costs less, and has less impact on the environment. Get creative with new recipes!
- Get to know your regional or national eco-labelling programmes, which can help you quickly identify sustainable products on your grocery trips.
- Grow your own food. No money, resources, or transportation wasted!
Learn more about supporting sustainable agriculture: